- Labor Doula
- Postpartum Doula
- Certified Childbirth Educator
- Bradley Method Trained
- Placenta Encapsulation
I make it my goal to give my clients the tools that they need and want to achieve a birth experience that is well informed and gives them the ability to make the choices that are right for them. I believe that every woman has the ability to birth from a position of strength, and that your husband, when given the tools he needs is able to engage his own birth journey from that same position of strength. I am there to support, encourage and help guard that space for you both so that you can focus on your journey.
Labor Doula Support Includes:
- 1 early prenatal appointment after I am hired to discuss specific goals for your birth
- 2 prenatal appointments at your home
- I will go on call for you birth and be available 24 hours 2 weeks prior to your EDD and 2 weeks post EDD.
- I will come to you at your home as soon as needed and follow you to where you are birthing (see Place of birth for specifics)
- 1 follow-up postpartum visit to discuss the birth and any questions that you may have
- A time-line of the birth for your records
Prenatal meetings include:
- Review of labor progression
- Labor comfort measures
- Developing a Birth plan/Baby plan
- Dialoging with birth team members regarding Client choices for birth
- Discussion regarding procedures and the rights of the Childbearing Woman
- As a non-medical childbirth professional, I do not give medical advice or treatment. I provide research for the client to make their own decisions with regard to their medical care and encourage dialog with their personal health care professional.
Place of Birth:
I am able to attend and support where ever you are choosing to give birth.
- If at a Hospital, I will come to your home, labor with you for as long as you want, follow you to the hospital and stay with you until at least 2 hours after the birth or until you feel comfortable with my leaving.
- For Clients who are birthing at Birth Centers, I come to your home and support you there, follow you to a Center for the birth. If requested, I can follow follow you back home when you leave the Birth Center and help you get re-settled back at home with baby.
- For Clients choosing to birth at home. I am able to come to your home as soon as you need me to be there. I am there to support you during your birth and then can stay with your to help get you settled after the birth.
What a Doula does not do:
As a Doula, I WILL NOT perform any medical/clinical tasks, or interfere with the actions or dialog between you and your care-provider.
What does a Postpartum Doula do?
As a Postpartum Doula I provide non-medical physical and emotional support and household assistance after the birth of your baby. I have received training approved by DONA (Doulas of North America), CAPPA (Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association), as well as drawing on my years of experience in childcare and as a nanny.
I have hours available throughout the week and if needed, some weekends or evenings. Hours of support are based on a 3 hour minimum. This allows time to get up to speed on your needs for that day as well as closure time at the end of the day. Service can begin even before baby is born and can include help organizing setting up your home so that you are able to truly settle in and rest after your birth.
This support varies for each client. Support can include:
- Assistance with errands and shopping
- Assistance with meal preparation
- Support with infant care-
- Breastfeeding resources, infant bathing, sleep support light house keeping
- Resources for ongoing support and education
- Assistance in organizing baby’s room and household areas to optimize care of infant without overworking parents
I am available to assist with overnight care on an as needed basis. Overnight support
allows Mom (and Dad) to sleep in-between breastfeeding knowing that your little one is cared for, and brought to you when he/she is ready to be breastfed.
As a Postpartum Doula what I won’t do:
- diagnose medical conditions in the mother or baby, but will refer you to a
health care provider when appropriate
- advance you money for groceries, but ask for cash to make purchases on
your behalf. Receipts will be provided for any errands that I am asked to assist you with.
- housekeeping services that would normally be provided by a cleaning service. I can provide you with resources if this is a need.
My goal is provide women and their families with evidenced based information. I would like women to realize the amazing, life-changing, gift birth can be for herself and her baby. I cover prenatal tests, nutrition, exercises to prepare for labor, pregnancy discomforts, the stages of labor, natural pain management, labor positions, hormones in labor, breastfeeding, basic newborn care and postpartum care for mother and baby.
Please contact for more information about scheduling group of private classes.
- Decrease in baby blues and postpartum depression.
- Increase and enrich breast milk.
- Increase in energy.
- Decrease in lochia, postpartum bleeding.
- Decrease iron deficiency.
- Decrease insomnia or sleep disorders.
- Decreases postpartum “night sweats”
Services fees vary depending on location of service provided. Please contact for pricing.
Birthing Tub Rental
Please call for more information on birth tub rental.